Thursday, January 09, 2014

Is Being Jewish Being 'Final'?‏

I caught this:

U.S. State Department Deputy Spokesman Marie Harf told reporters that she would not comment directly on Israel’s report of incitement from Palestinian Authority leadership, but that rebukes are being made behind closed doors.At a press briefing in Washington on Monday, Harf said “we make those discussions private,” according to a transcript of her comments.“I’m not saying we don’t register complaints… I’m just saying we don’t always do it publicly,” she said in response to a reporter’s question.

Hmmm.

But, always the issue of "illegal construction of/in the settlements" somehow is very public.

Ms. Harf, exactly when were the Pals. ever publicly given a State Department dressing down?

And while we're on the subject of State Department briefings, how about this one byJen Psaki on January 8, 2014 :

QUESTION: In the broad scheme of things, does the United States want the Arab world to recognize Israel as a Jewish state?
MS. PSAKI: I’m not going to – what I’m trying not to do here, Matt, is – obviously, you know what our position is. You know what the Israelis would like to see. This is part of the discussions in the negotiations. Beyond that, I’m not going to further outline here what is being discussed with all of the parties.
QUESTION: Okay. Well, maybe I’m not making myself – I’m not talking about the negotiations.
MS. PSAKI: Mm-hmm.
QUESTION: In general, does the United States want to see the Arab world – the Arab League, the members of the Arab League, the Organization of the Islamic Conference, whatever – recognize Israel as a Jewish state?
MS. PSAKI: We want to see them support, which they’ve indicated they would, a final status agreement between the parties. What is included in there is not yet determined.
QUESTION: Jen, if I may follow up.
MS. PSAKI: Mm-hmm.
QUESTION: Does the United States of America recognize Israel as a Jewish state?
MS. PSAKI: I think you know what our position is, Said.
QUESTION: I’m not asking your position.
MS. PSAKI: We’ve talked about their --
QUESTION: A legal point of view. How do you recognize Israel?
MS. PSAKI: Said, I don't have anything more for you on this.
Allow me to restate that:
Q.  Does the United States want to see the Arab world recognize Israel as a Jewish state?
A. We want to see them support a final status agreement between the parties. What is included in there is not yet determined.
Does that sould good to you?


Posted By YMedad to My Right Word at 1/09/2014 0


--
Yisrael Medad
Post Office Box 9407
Shiloh
Mobile Post Efraim 4483000
Israel
www.myrightword.blogspot.com
http://blogs.jpost.com/content/green-lined

No comments: