Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pro-Iranian Shiites to Legalize Marrying 9-Year-Old Girls in Iraq



 
16718
Obama’s plan for Iraq has really worked out great. Iran is recreating Iraq in its own horrifying Islamic image.

About two dozen Iraqi women demonstrated on Saturday in Baghdad against a draft law approved by the Iraqi cabinet that would permit the marriage of nine-year-old girls and automatically give child custody to fathers.
“On this day of women, women of Iraq are in mourning,” the protesters shouted.
“We believe that this is a crime against humanity,” said Hanaa Eduar, a prominent Iraqi human rights activist. “It would deprive a girl of her right to live a normal childhood.”
Shi’ite Islamists have come to lead the government and look to impose their religious values on society at large.

It describes girls as reaching puberty at nine, making them fit for marriage, makes the father sole guardian of his children at two and condones a husband’s right to insist on sexual intercourse with his wife whenever he wishes.
The legislation is referred to as the Ja’afari Law, named after the sixth Shi’ite imam Ja’afar al-Sadiq, who founded his own school of jurisprudence.
The draft was put forward by Justice Minister Hassan al-Shimari, a member of the Shi’ite Islamist Fadila party.
Mohammed, the Muslim prophet, married a six-year-old, so Islamic law has no problem with raping nine-year-olds.

Comment: Help me understand why in our Western world this is not only illegal but also morally repugnant . These are not values I support nor endorse and I stand to refute them. I find this sense of human behavior in direct conflict with my Judeo-Christian values and furthermore stand against this edict by a Shiite group in Iraq. I state this only as condemnation of inappropriate behavior and if anyone chooses being offended it is on you-standing for my values that are in direct contrast with yours is only about defending my beliefs.  I notice you have no difficulty defending your beliefs and chastise my values-so be it. Do not attempt to shut me down using a PC expression.

No comments: