In the embedded video below she speaks for the first 35 minutes, after which there is a Q&A that is just as substantive as her talk.
Glick covers a range of urgent topics including the war between Hama and Israel, U.S. foreign policy, and European economic boycotts against Israel. She explains how the Obama administration is supporting Hamas all the way down to pushing Hamas’s ceasefire proposal as their own. She speaks of the enormous and complex pressure Israel is under, fighting two wars on two fronts: Hamas on the ground and the West’s threat to destroy Israel’s economy if she continues to defend herself and fight Hamas.
She speaks about how the threat of Hamas is not just a threat against Israel, not just a threat against Jews, not just a threat against the United States, but a threat against civilization.
At the end of her talk, at around the 32-minute mark, she outlines what we can do, and must do, to shift the dangerous direction the Obama administration is taking things with respect to Israel.
- Ask Congress why the United States is on the UN Human Rights Committee – a sham that mocks the very notion of human rights.
- Put a hold on funding for the UN Human Rights Committee. And if they continue to act as a “Kafkaesque tribunal against the Jewish people” then defund the United Nations. (The United States funds 22% of the UN budget.)
- As Europe expands its government-sponsored economic warfare against Israel, pass legislation that says those countries involved in such boycotts will not receive federal contracts and cannot do business with the American government. There must be clear congressional warnings to European countries involved in boycotts against Israel. The Commerce Committee must make it clear those European countries enacting anti-Semitic legislation will pay a price if they continue to do so.
- Make sure the Armed Services Committee is monitoring whether there are any Israeli requests for spare parts (for F16’s, for example) that are not being fulfilled. Ensure that all Israeli requests for spare parts in a time of war are not questioned, are automatic, and are fulfilled quickly so Israel need not fear they won’t be able to defend themselves.
- Call on Congress to investigate why the FAA closed Ben Gurion airport to ensure this kind of collusion with Hamas to harm the Israeli economy during a time of war doesn’t occur again.
- Make sure the Palestinian Authority is not funded. Though the Appropriations Subcommittee of the Foreign Relations Committee did not put aid to the Palestinian Authority for fiscal year 2015, they already have language in the explanatory notes related to a presidential waiver for allowing that aid to move forward. This suggests that Congress assumes that aid will be restored at some point during the mark-up process. The language needs to be clear and unequivocal: no aid to the Palestinian Authority. Period.
Please listen. And share.
Page Printed from: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/07/caroline_glicks_capitol_hill_briefing.html at July 30, 2014 - 01:06:44 PM CDT