May 8, 2014
- During Operation Cast Lead, J Street described Israel’s action as an “escalation” that was “counterproductive” and “disproportionate”. It ascribed moral equivalency to both sides, finding difficulty in distinguishing “between who is right and who is wrong” and “picking a side”.
- Despite its self-designated “pro-Israel” tag, J Street actively canvasses for and raises millions of dollars to fund anti-Israeli Congressional candidates.
- J Street claims to oppose Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, but invites pro BDS groups to promote their case at its conferences.
- A cofounder of J Street, Daniel Levy, is on record describing Israel’s creation as “an act that went wrong”.
- J Street collaborated with the biased UN Goldstone Committee which accused Israel of engaging in war crimes. It even facilitated meetings on Capitol Hill for Goldstone to promote his wretched now discredited report.
- For a long time, J Street totally opposed any sanctions being applied against Iran. It now lobbies against promoting the threat of military action.
- In 2011 J Street actively canvassed the White House not to veto a one-sided UN Security Council resolution condemning Israel.
- J Street described the behavior of IDF commandos on the Mavi Marmara Gaza flotilla ship as “cruel brutality”.
- J Street encourages its campus extension to promote discredited anti-Israeli groups like “Breaking the Silence” which promote lies about alleged IDF war crimes.
- It opposed a 2011 congressional petition condemning Palestinian incitement.
- J Street refuses to condemn the PA-Hamas deal.
- Most recently, it defended Secretary of State John Kerry’s offensive remarks that Israel could become “an apartheid state”.
- Until it was conclusively exposed, J Street leader, Jeremy Ben Ami, lied repeatedly to conceal that George Soros, the vicious anti-Israeli financier, was and still represents one of the principal funders of J Street. There are also other donors with questionable political interests.
He may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
This column was originally published in the Jerusalem Post and Israel Hayom
Proposed PA – Hamas Union Based on Common Objectives (April 28, 2014)
Incentives for Murdering Jews (April 23, 2014)