Sunday, April 17, 2011

Arab Mansions Part 1



Shilo Musings

I actually planned and prepared this post months ago, during Succot.

It's very annoying and inaccurate that people who aren't familiar with the facts on the ground here in the Shomron, north of Jerusalem, Israel, have such a totally distorted view of things.

My neighbors and I live in small, modest homes. Yes, that's the truth. The large, enormous mansions north of Jerusalem all belong to Arabs. For the longest time, I had been thinking of trying to sell a photo-story showing those elegant structures. Then finally during Succot, I mentioned it to a neighbor who said that he'd love to drive around with me, while I took pictures. thanks ms! So we went off one day and were amazed at how many gorgeous mansions were between Shiloh and Jerusalem. I couldn't find any paying publication to buy them, so, as a blogger, I'm my own boss, editor, etc. Actually, since then, so many more have been built. I don't know how the Arabs build homes so quickly.

Enough chatting. Remember that a picture is worth a thousand words, so...

hilltop mansion
fancy roof
lots more
enormous
large new buildings
lots of new ones
Posted by Batya at 3/13/2007 11:05:00 PM
Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz
23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! We have a few like that near us, but not so many!

WBM
14/3/07 12:38
Batya said...

There are so many more since I took those pictures.
14/3/07 13:00
MP said...

Can you give us some details (the type that a media org. could check out) on who owns the land, who is building these houses, who owns or will own them, etc.?
14/3/07 22:31

No comments: