Tuesday, December 10, 2013

UK jihad murderer: "I believe the best way to conduct any act is to copy Mohammed...I will never regret obeying the command of Allah"

Robert Spencer

Adebolajo-and-Adebowale-talking-to-member-of-the-public-2879752.jpgThe two jihad murderers at the scene of the murder

Watch for all the moderate Muslims in the UK and elsewhere to rush to explain how Muhammad would have deplored this murder -- no, wait...
"Lee Rigby trial: Live updates as defence case for Woolwich murder suspect Michael Adebolajo begins," by Natalie Evans and Peter Stubley for the Mirror, December 9 (thanks to The Religion of Peace):
...Adebolajo denied trying to kill police and said he wanted martyrdom: "I would only be able to harm them if Allah gave me some super powers.... Adebolajo also criticised the use of drones to kill innocent civilians and accused Hamid Karzai, the leader in Afghanistan, of being a "puppet".
Mr Whittam said: "So you and your co-defendant decided to take the law into your own hands and kill a soldier?"
Adebolajo answered: "No. The law is with Allah. The truth is everyone will stand before Allah and then we will truly see who has the power. I obeyed Allah and that is the end of the story for me."...
Adebolajo said: "I could see through the cracked windscreen he was only partially conscious. On his duties he is likely to have killed. So to fight jihad is not just about is this man a danger to me, it is about the weak, the women and children."
Mr Whittam said: "He was not capable of harming you there and then was he?"
Adebolajo replied: "He was a soldier and I am a soldier. This is not a personal vendetta or whether I believe my life was in danger at that moment."

Mr Whittam added: "You then struck him repeatedly with the machete."
Adebolajo said: "There are many injuries your pathologist has claimed were on the body that I have no idea how they were on the body at all."
He continued to dispute that he caused all the injuries on the body as shown on the computerised graphics.
"I did not dispute that I killed him, I did not dispute that I struck him on the neck. I didn't want to turn the death of this soldier into a petty point scoring exercise as to who caused what injury.
"I struck at his neck."
Describing the attempted decapitation, Adebolajo said: "I believe the best way to conduct any act is to copy Mohammed. It was not for malice.
"After I struck at the neck, I used another of the knives to try to remove the head. I was unsuccessful with that attempt. I had already killed the soldier at the time my brother arrived at the time."
2:36 pm
The trial resumed with the cross-examination of Adebolajo prosecutor Richard Whittam QC.
Whittam said: "Which particular war were you fighting? If you are a soldier of Allah, who does that allow you to kill?"
Adebolajo replied: "In battles Mohammed has fought in he targeted the military. He does not fight civilians. Afghanistan is of course one of them. Just because I did not fight at this time does not mean it was not obligatory upon me to fight. To my understanding the war in Afghanistan is still ongoing."
Whittam asked: "What about Iraq?"
Adebolajo added: "'That war obviously had finished. My primary concern is Afghanistan and those unjust wars that are ongoing.
"The truth is that no muslim hopes to have to kill anybody. However just as general in British army who plans an attack knowing full well that people will die, this is what happens in war. When we target a soldier to take his life this is not a casual thing, it is a military operation."
He told the court: "Jihad is by its very nature, political. It's not something that is to be taken lightly. Those who are responsible for sending British troops to kill Muslims, it just so happens those people who have control over the military are in government."
Whittam said: "You chose to attack somebody in public in daylight hours. Having attempted to decapitate him, you threw his body in the road. You were doing that so people could see what you had done."
Adebolajo replied: "The truth is this, after the vehicle crashed I became aware that people thought what had occurred was just a car accident. The problem of this I could foresee people beginning to gather.
"I did not want a have a go hero. I decided to move the soldier's body into the road far away from me so that it became clear that anybody who approaches me they would be trying to harm me in some way."
Adebolajo refused to tell the court when he began plotting the attack.
1:00 pm
In cross-examination by Abbas Lakha QC, for Adebowale, Adebolajo confirmed there was no plan to kill a police officer, paramedic or member of the public.
Adebolajo said: "We knew whoever had the gun was more likely to obtain shahada [martyrdom]... this is as far as the discussion went."
He said he did try to obtain ammunition before the attack but added: "This was not to harm anyone. This was maybe to control the crowd, take a shot in the air."
Adebolajo will be cross-examined by the prosecutor Richard Whittam QC after lunch.
12:54 pm
He added: "The war continues, even to this day. It is a war between Islam and those militaries that invade Muslim lands."
Adebolajo suggested that he could have been charged with treason.
Asked what he thought should happen to him after the case, he said: "As an enemy soldier I believe either I should be ransomed to my mujahid brothers or I should be set free or I should be killed.'
Asked if he had any regrets, he paused before replying: "I will never regret obeying the command of Allah, so that's all I can say. I am doing what Allah commands me to do. I cannot do anything else. I don't consider I have a choice. It is compulsory upon me."
Asked about his feelings towards Lee Rigby's family, he said: "I have no animosity or bad feeling towards them, because every soldier has family. His family love him, just like I have family.
"I don't blame them, I do not wish bad or harm upon them. I killed somebody they love, but at the same time people I love or are dear to me are being killed as well. Muslims feel pain too."
12:47 pm
Gottlieb asked Adebolajo: "What is your defence to the charge of murder?"
Adebolajo replied: "In terms of the law? I am a soldier of Allah. I understand that some people might not recognise this as we do not wear fatigues... but we are still soldiers. To me this is all that matters. I do not take my definitions from the UN or anything like this."
He said he had never seen 'The Book of Jihad' or the copy of the Al Qaeda Inspire magazine found by police in his home.
He added: "I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with me."
Referring to bomb-making instructions, Gottlieb asked: "Did you ever consider using a bomb?"
He answered: "No. I have never learnt how to make a bomb so naturally it never came to my mind to use bombs to fight jihad."
12:26 pm
Adebolajo complained about David Cameron's reaction to the attack, telling the court: "He's clearly not listening or didn't see the footage we saw."
He said he had zero contact with Adebowale since his arrest as they have been kept in solitary confinement.
Adebolajo said he did not dispute the witness accounts or the injuries to Lee Rigby because they were not the "real issue".
He added: "I am a soldier and this is war... The real issue is can this conflict cease I believe it can. It needs David Cameron to make that decision."
12:16 pm
Adebolajo said he believed he would be shot dead by police and hoped that he would be accepted as a martyr.
Asked why he ran at the firearms officers, he said: "I wanted Allah to love me. I wanted Allah to laugh at me, so I ran towards him.
"It is forbidden for the mujahid to turn his back on the enemy. I had already made a promise that we would not turn our back on the enemy so I wanted Allah to laugh at me, if Allah laughs at me he will not throw me into the fire."
He praised the actions of the firearms officers who gave first aid to him at the scene, saying "I respect that. Every mujahid would respect that."...

No comments: