Wednesday, September 18, 2013

PM Netanyahu - 4 steps Iran must carry out (remarks at cabinet‏

PM Netanyahu's Remarks at the Start of the Weekly Cabinet Meeting
(Communicated by the Prime Minister's Media Adviser)
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, today (Tuesday, 17 September 2013), made
the following remarks at the start of the weekly Cabinet meeting:
"In another week-and-a-half or so I will travel to the UN General Assembly.
I will first meet with US President Barack Obama.
I intend to focus on the issue of stopping Iran's nuclear program. The way
to stop Iran's nuclear program requires four steps:
1. Halting all uranium enrichment;
2. Removing all enriched uranium;
3. Closing Qom; and
4. Stopping the plutonium track.
Only a combination of these four steps will constitute an actual stopping of
the nuclear program, and until all four of these measures are achieved, the
pressure on Iran must be increased and not relaxed, and certainly not eased.
I believe that the events of recent weeks have confirmed the assumptions
upon which we have been acting:

1. A recalcitrant state that develops or acquires weapons of mass
destruction is certainly likely to use them. It is possible to say that
ultimately it will use them.
2. Only a credible military threat can allow diplomacy or other steps to
effect a halt to this armament process.
3. Israel must continue to build up its strength so that it will always be
able and ready to defend itself by itself against any threat. I reiterate
something that is familiar to you: If I am not for myself, who will be for
me? I say this collectively on behalf our people.
Regarding our people, the holidays are almost upon us. I wish the entire
people of Israel a Happy Sukkot. Go out and enjoy it with your families.
There is a reason why I am certain that this will be a happy holiday and
that is because the UN recently issued the World Happiness Report
http://unsdsn.org/happiness/ and I was not surprised that Israel rose
several places and is now in 11th place, ahead of many developed countries.
Soon we will be in the top ten. Thus, I would like to wish all Israeli
citizens a happy and joyous holiday."
IMRA

No comments: