Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Israeli-Arab Female IDF Soldier Says She Would Sacrifice Her Life for Israel (VIDEO)

        
Mona Liza Abdo, an Israeli-Arab soldier in the Israel Defense Forces. Photo: Screenshot / IDF. Mona Liza Abdo, an Israeli-Arab soldier in the Israel Defense Forces. Photo: Screenshot / IDF.
Mona Liza Abdo, an Israeli-Arab soldier in the Israel Defense Forces, said she wasn’t required to enlist in the Israeli army, but her determination to protect Israel motivated her to volunteer, according to a profile and accompanying video on the IDF’s blog.
The IDF said, “As a fighter on Israel’s southern border, she rose through the ranks to become a commander, teaching soldiers how to combat terrorism and other threats. Just over a month ago, she honorably completed three years of service – one more than the required number for Israeli women.”
In an exit interview with Abdo, who is an Arab Christian from Haifa, the soldier said she would sacrifice her life for Israel.

“I keep the country of Israel safe, not only for the Jews but for the Arabs, too. And I would sacrifice my life for the sake of the State of Israel and all its citizens,” Abdo said.
“I joined the IDF because I am an inseparable part of Israel. I came to serve my country and my home,” she said. “My job as a commander in the IDF is to prevent terrorist attacks, smuggling operations and illegal entry into the country. I think if I prevent drugs entering the country, I not only protect the Jewish people but the arabs as well.”
Abdo’s mother, also interviewed in the clip, said she was overjoyed when her daughter told her that she wanted to enlist, which she described as a “mature decision.”
“This is our country and our home. Here we will live and here we will die. The roots of our fathers and our children are here,” her mother said.

No comments: