General Patton said, "It is difficult to make our fine American youth understand that the enemy wants to kill him. …I use the language of soldiers who are ready to kill." It is similarly difficult to make Euro-Americans understand that certain people who call themselves Muslims want to kill our civilization, our society and our way of life. The power to name a thing is the power to control or destroy it and, if we are afraid to so much as name the enemy, we are helpless against him.
Militant Islam is the enemy, plain and simple. An Islamist may claim to be a Muslim, wear Islamic clothing, and engage in Islamic rituals, but he is as inferior to a Muslim as an ape is to a human. Islamists are to Islam what Nazis were to Germany; practitioners of a despicable and subhuman behavioral choice that is as much a menace to decent Muslims as Nazism was to decent Germans. Most victims of senseless Islamist violence are, despite spectacular examples like 9/11 to the contrary, Muslims.
Before anybody invokes Godwin's Law, consider this video from Hamas. It talks openly about annihilation of Jews, and Islamic domination of the entire world. The last ideology to promote extermination of Jews along with world domination came with a swastika, and it meant every word it said.
Why Must We Use the Language of War?
Refusal to name or even acknowledge the enemy, whether an aggressor like Hitler or lethal defects in Genral Motors ignition switches, kills people. Lord Voldemort, whom J.K. Rowling modeled on Adolf Hitler, became almost too powerful to stop because everybody called him "He who must not be named." Political correctness enforcer Dolores Umbridge punished Harry Potter for naming Voldemort, and a complicit press similarly defamed Albus Dumbledore (modeled partially on Sir Winston Churchill) for doing the same. Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge refused to acknowledge Voldemort's existence the way his real-world counterpart Neville Chamberlain pretended that Hitler didn't mean every word he said.
Speech codes at General Motors, including rules against words like "safety," "defect," "failure," and "problem," may have contributed to the deadly ignition switch fiasco. Militant Islam, and its useful idiots in academia, government, and the media, have made it quite clear that Islamic fundamentalism is similarly not to be named despite its central role in many of the world's problems.
- Barack Obama dismissed the Fort Hood massacre as "workplace violence," which denied the victims of an obvious act of terrorism the Purple Heart medal. While Obama and his cohorts were eager to blame Adam Lanza's rampage on access to firearms, they did everything possible to downplay the fact that Soldier of Allah Nidal Hasan brayed to Allah while he slaughtered American military personnel in a purportedly gun-free zone.
- The Los Angeles Times reports, "Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau galvanized the disdain with a chilling boast: 'I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by God.'" This is not what he said. He said, "I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah." Boko Haram means that Western education is forbidden, which underscores militant "Islam's" need to keep its followers dirt-ignorant, superstitious, and mindlessly compliant.
- Islamists define the non-Islamic world, including the wrong kinds of Muslims, as the Dar-al-Harb, or House of War. "...it is permitted to kill him, because he is a Harbi [enemy] and the Harbi spreads corruption throughout the face of the earth." Harbi is simply the Islamist counterpart of the Nazis' Untermensch (subhuman), and so are kafir and infidel.
- Penn State's Muslim Student Association (MSA) tried to get the university to censor an art student's display of anti-terrorist artwork, and also invited a Neo-Nazi to speak on the campus. The Muslim Student Association was also behind Tufts University's infamous act of censorship against an on-campus newspaper, and Brandeis' decision to withdraw Ayaan Hirsi Ali's honorary degree.
- As reported by Pamela Geller in American Thinker, "Daniel Mael, a student at Brandeis and a courageous defender of truth and freedom, reported Thursday that 'the editorial board of Al-Talib, the [Islamist] Newsmagazine at UCLA, called on Jewish student Avinoam Baral to disassociate himself from the pro-Israel program Hasbara Fellowships due to the group's alleged Islamophobia.'"
- A Sudanese "religious judge" sentenced a Christian woman to hang for being a Christian. In addition, "Ibrahim’s story reminds me of a dear friend of mine, Mary Achai, whose [Islamist] slave master set her on fire, along with three of her children, because she ran away when she learned that he planned to sell her 10-year-old daughter as a virgin bride." I replaced "Muslim" with "Islamist" to underscore that the word's purpose is to disown on Islam's behalf individuals like this pimp, human trafficker, and accessory to child rape.
- Dutch politician Geert Wilders was maliciously prosecuted for "inciting hatred and discrimination" against Islamists.
- Political correctness has promoted racist depictions of Islamist rapists as "Asians." Hindus, Sikhs, and peaceful Muslims from Central Asia are not the problem, and we ought to judge people by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.
Choose the Right Word
Colonel Paul Linebarger's Psychological Warfare makes it emphatically clear that is counterproductive to demonize people who are not our enemies, and who might even want to be our friends. Many American Muslims immigrated to get away from the Islamists, the same way German Jews tried to immigrate (Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt sent them back) to get away from the Nazis. It is vital to use a word that identifies the enemy through the content of his character as opposed to the color of his skin, or ethnicity, or legitimate religious beliefs, and segregates him very clearly from neutrals and friends. "Islamist" acknowledges the enemy's similarity to a Muslim, but refuses to acknowledge his equality to one.
- Islamists are to Islam what Nazis were to Germany.
- Islamists are to Islam what the Westboro "God Hates Everybody but Us" Baptist Church is to Christianity, except the latter does not advocate violence.
- Islamists are to Islam what the Ku Klux Klan is to Caucasians.
- Islamists are to Islam what Al Sharpton's National Action Network is to Black people.
- Islamists are to Islam what cancer is to healthy tissue.
William A. Levinson is the author of several books on business management including content on organizational psychology, as well as manufacturing productivity and quality.
Page Printed from: http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/05/militant_islam_enemy_of_civilization.html at May 21, 2014 - 12:15:14 PM CDT